Presentation Folders are a tool designed to package and organize several other pieces of printing. In addition to the standard folder design, Presentation Folders have 1 or 2 pockets on the inside to hold your materials. They also offer convenient corner slots on the interior pockets to make it easy to include a business card.
The most common order options are 9" x 12" finished (folded) folders with 2 pockets and a business card slit on the right pocket. They are most often printed on 14 Pt. Gloss Cover stock in full color on 1 side (4/0) and are coated AQ 2 Sides. This creates full color on the outside front and back of the finished folder with coating on both the outside and inside.
Presentation Folders help you professionally organize and package your printed materials. You can use them in one-on-one meetings or with large groups to ensure consistent organization. They make it easy for your recipients to keep all of the material you provide together in an easily transportable and organized way. Presentation Folders also offer you a nice sized canvas to emphasize your brand or reinforce your message.
Presentation Folders work for a wide range of uses from seminars to sales kits. Don't plan a meeting or give someone several pieces of printing without Presentation Folders.
14pt Uncoated Cover
You may be familiar with this type of stock from thick index cards, though the finish is much higher quality. This is a very versatile stock. The uncoated finish is good when you don't want a slick and shiny look, while the firm 14 Pt. stock folds precisely.
14pt Gloss Cover
You may be familiar with this type of stock from presentation folders. This thick and stiff stock is coated on both sides with a glossy finish.
16 Pt C2S Gloss Cover
You may be familiar with this type of stock from heavy bookmarks or other products printed on a semi-rigid card stock. This is our thickest stock and comes with a gloss coating on both sides. Because of its thickness, it is not ideal for folding unless scored first.
100# Linen Cover
A very smooth, extra heavy, premium uncoated cover style stock. You may be familiar with this type of stock from business cards or notecards with a subtle, woven, fabric-like finish. This sturdy paper offers a unique non-glossy look enhanced with a subtle, woven linen finish
100# Gloss Cover
You may be familiar with this type of stock from standard business cards. Stiffer than 100# Gloss Text, this glossy finish cover stock offers sharp folds and a sturdy product for a very professional result. This stock is coated on both sides.
AQ 2 Sides
AQ is short for Aqueous Coating. This is a semi-gloss, environmentally friendly, water-based coating applied over the entire front and back of the printed piece. It provides additional gloss and protection, and it can be written on with a ballpoint pen.
UV 1 Side
UV is short for Ultra Violet Light-Cured Coating. This is a high-gloss coating applied over the front of the printed piece. It is not recommended for printed material you need to write on after being produced.
UV is short for Ultra Violet Light-Cured Coating. This is a high-gloss coating applied to specific spots of your choosing. Any areas not coated Spot UV will be coated Satin AQ.
Spot UV front only, Satin AQ back
High-gloss coating applied to specific spots of your choosing on the front of the printed piece. Do not choose UV anywhere that you will need to write.
Class up your act with Silk Laminate! Silky smooth to the touch with a matte appearance, Folders are laminated on both sides giving these cards an attractive look and feel, while further making them water and tear resistant. These long-lasting 16PT folders are a surefire way for your customers to bring sophistication to their image and to stand out from the crowd.
Explanation of Turnaround Time
See a quick chart showing turnaround times
Turnaround times begin when the proof is approved. All times are based on standard business days Monday through Friday excluding federal holidays. Please note that turnaround time does not include shipping or mailing time. You may select from available production turnaround times and your preferred shipping time as you place your order.
Presentation Folders come with either 1 or 2 interior pockets. Business Card slits are optional on one or both pockets.
- 1 Pocket right side with Business Cards Slits
- 1 Pocket right side without Business Card Slits
- 2 Pockets without Business Card slits
- 2 Pockets with Business Card slits both sides
- 2 Pockets with Business Card slits left side
- 2 Pockets with Business Card slits right side
In order to ensure your files are print-ready, we recommend that you upload them in PDF format. When you generate a print-ready PDF, your computer will use the settings in Adobe Acrobat Distiller or any other PDF generating programs you may use. Please make sure that these are set properly before generating your PDF file.
We also accept .JPG (JPEG), .EPS and .TIF (TIFF) file types, however PDF is the preferred format.
Check your file to make sure it meets our file creation guidelines. This will help speed up the production of your project and give your printed piece the best results.
- Use the CMYK colorspace (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, blacK). These are industry standard printing colors. CMYK colors are different than RGB (Red, Green, Blue), which are used to display colors on your screen.
- Use a minimum resolution of 300 dpi for image files.
- Specify trim area with crop marks. (Don't place crop marks inside the work area.)
- Artwork should have 1/8" (0.125") bleed extending past the trim line. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge.
- Safe Area is the 1/8" (0.125") area inside the trim line. Do not put critical information or images within the Safe Area. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge.
- If you want printed borders, they must be placed a minimum of 1/8" (0.125") inside the trim line and include bleed. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge.
Bleed and Safe Area
We require that you extend any images that run up to the trim line a minimum of 1/8" (0.125") past the trim line to create "bleed". Depending on what program you use to create your file, this may or may not change the total image area of your file. Programs like Photoshop that do not allow the creation of "bleed" or the addition of crop marks will require an image area that is 1/4" (0.25") larger than your desired final overall image area in both dimensions.
Safe Area is the 1/8" (0.125") area inside the trim line. Do not put critical information or images within the Safe Area. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge. If you choose to make less than this minimum clearance, we will NOT be responsible for items that are cut off in this area.
Proofs and File Check
We offer three proof options:
1. Online PDF Proof: You will be sent a link to view your proof via email. Please keep in mind that this is only a proof for content and positioning; the color on your screen may vary from the color of your final product, depending on your monitor and viewing conditions.
2. Hard Copy Proof: The Hard Copy Proof can either be picked up on-site or shipped to you. Please keep in mind that this is a proof for content and positioning and is not printed on your actual job stock. Color may vary slightly when printed on the stock you ordered. When ordering a Hard Copy Proof, you will receive a complimentary Online PDF Proof, as well.
3. No Proof, Run As-Is: This option is for the industry professional who is certain their project is ready to hit the press and does not require the additional security of a proof.
If our prepress department sees anything questionable with your file, we will contact you via email with our concerns. Should prepress email you, please note that your job is not considered fully submitted until you respond to this email. This should be factored into your turnaround time.File check does not apply to No Proof, Run As-Is. No Proof, Run As-Is jobs print from the exact file(s) you upload unless it is not possible to print because your supplied file does not match the specifications ordered.
Please Note: The charge for our technical team to review your file when first submitted is included in the price of your order. If they note technical concerns with your file, they may email you with their concerns so you can upload a corrected file. If subsequent uploads still contain errors, you may be charged an additional prepress fee to review your file again.