Floor Graphics are available for either short term or long term use. They are adhesive-backed vinyl printed in full color on one side of 3 mil adhesive with a luster finish. Depending on use and foot traffic, Floor Graphics are coated either 3 mil (for 1-3 months use) or 8 mil (for 6-12 months use, not intended for carpet). Floor Graphics come in a range of sizes from 1' x 1' to 75' by 4.416'.
Floor Graphics withstand wear from heavy foot traffic while remaining easily removable. They are UL-approved slip resistant and can be scrubbed, cleaned, and waxed during routine maintenance.
Because of the wide potential size range of our large format products, there are additional file setup considerations. Proofs are typically shown half size. For other details, please review the file setup section carefully.
Due to material, all substrates may expand or shrink from batch to batch, which makes exact cuts very difficult. We do not recommend borders. If you would like borders, please make sure they are at least 2" thick. We will not reprint if the borders are not exactly the same on all sides after cutting.
The most common order options are 3' x 5' on 3 mil. Floor. Often, Floor Graphics are printed in full color on one side (4/0) and can be contour cut.
Floor Graphics are a great solution to turn your floors into advertising space. Put them up as temporary signage. Rather than banners that need to be hung or supported by stakes, Floor Graphics stick to any flat surface. They are also designed with a silver backing that blocks out any underlying images, so they are great idea for updating your brand, logo, or name, and you can use them temporarily over your permanent signage.
Consider adding a QR code to your design to link directly to additional online information. This can be a great way to provide more detail than you would want to cram onto your Floor Graphics. Since a QR code can link to an online message, you can change the online message without the need to reprint the QR code.
3 mil Floor (1-3 Months)
The 3 mil Floor (1-3 Months) comes with a 3 mil luster coating allowing you to use the floor graphic on simple flat surfaces.
3 mil Carpet (1-3 Months)
The 3 mil Carpet (1-3 Months) comes with a 3 mil luster coating allowing you to use the floor graphic on simple flat surfaces and carpet. You may even use this floor graphic on surfaces that may have a slight curve.
3 mil Floor (6-12 Months)
The 3 mil Floor (6-12 Months) comes with a 8 mil luster coating allowing you to use the floor graphic on any surface with high traffic, or surfaces that may be prone to scuffing. This paper and coating is also durable enough to allow scrubbing, cleaning and waxing during routine floor maintenance.
Lamination helps protect the design of your decals from the elements without taking away from the impact of your design.
Two options are available for lamination, so you can determine the look and texture of your labels.
- 3 mil Luster
- 8 mil Luster
Explanation of Turnaround Time
See a quick chart showing turnaround times
Turnaround times begin when the proof is approved. All times are based on standard business days Monday through Friday excluding federal holidays. Please note that turnaround time does not include shipping or mailing time. You may select from available production turnaround times and your preferred shipping time as you place your order.
Contour Cut creates a custom shape. It is recommended to keep Contour Cut designs simple like arrows, stars or other basic objects for accurate, clean edges.For more complex cuts, please submit a custom estimate.
Die lines must be included in files uploaded for Contour Cut.
Final Contour Cut size must be 1" smaller than the sheet order size. For example 48" x 24" sheet order size, the Contour Cut must be 47" x 23" maximum size.
In order to ensure your files are print-ready, we recommend that you upload them in PDF format. When you generate a print-ready PDF, your computer will use the settings in Adobe Acrobat Distiller or any other PDF generating programs you may use. Please make sure that these are set properly before generating your PDF file.
We also accept .JPG (JPEG), .EPS and .TIF (TIFF) file types, however PDF is the preferred format.
Check your file to make sure it meets our file creation guidelines. This will help speed up the production of your project and give your printed piece the best results.
- Use the CMYK colorspace (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, blacK). These are industry standard printing colors. CMYK colors are different than RGB (Red, Green, Blue), which are used to display colors on your screen.
- Use a minimum resolution of 300 dpi for image files.
- Specify trim area with crop marks. (Don't place crop marks inside the work area.)
- Artwork should have 1/8" (0.125") bleed extending past the trim line. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge.
- Safe Area is the 1/8" (0.125") area inside the trim line. Do not put critical information or images within the Safe Area. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge.
- If you want printed borders, they must be placed a minimum of 1/8" (0.125") inside the trim line and include bleed. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge.
Bleed and Safe Area
We require that you extend any images that run up to the trim line a minimum of 1/8" (0.125") past the trim line to create "bleed". Depending on what program you use to create your file, this may or may not change the total image area of your file. Programs like Photoshop that do not allow the creation of "bleed" or the addition of crop marks will require an image area that is 1/4" (0.25") larger than your desired final overall image area in both dimensions.
Safe Area is the 1/8" (0.125") area inside the trim line. Do not put critical information or images within the Safe Area. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge. If you choose to make less than this minimum clearance, we will NOT be responsible for items that are cut off in this area.
Proofs and File Check
We offer three proof options:
1. Online PDF Proof: You will be sent a link to view your proof via email. Please keep in mind that this is only a proof for content and positioning; the color on your screen may vary from the color of your final product, depending on your monitor and viewing conditions.
2. Hard Copy Proof: The Hard Copy Proof can either be picked up on-site or shipped to you. Please keep in mind that this is a proof for content and positioning and is not printed on your actual job stock. Color may vary slightly when printed on the stock you ordered. When ordering a Hard Copy Proof, you will receive a complimentary Online PDF Proof, as well.
3. No Proof, Run As-Is: This option is for the industry professional who is certain their project is ready to hit the press and does not require the additional security of a proof.
If our prepress department sees anything questionable with your file, we will contact you via email with our concerns. Should prepress email you, please note that your job is not considered fully submitted until you respond to this email. This should be factored into your turnaround time.File check does not apply to No Proof, Run As-Is. No Proof, Run As-Is jobs print from the exact file(s) you upload unless it is not possible to print because your supplied file does not match the specifications ordered.
Please Note: The charge for our technical team to review your file when first submitted is included in the price of your order. If they note technical concerns with your file, they may email you with their concerns so you can upload a corrected file. If subsequent uploads still contain errors, you may be charged an additional prepress fee to review your file again.